At a glance
- Cloud solution enables continuous monitoring of heating data
- Forecast scenarios ensure more reliable operation and fewer failures
- Intelligent heating control reduces costs for the consumer
The business situation of our client
An internationally leading manufacturer of heating systems demonstrates what is possible when data is used consistently. As direct customers of the manufacturer, heating engineers have always been able to act only reactively. System defects could only be detected when they occurred. And the necessary spare parts were usually not readily available, which meant a lot of work for the fitter and cold nights for the heating user.
Together with ORAYLIS, those responsible now wanted to tackle the digital transformation of the company and create new values on different levels through continuous monitoring of the extensive heating data. On the one hand, the objective was to enable the heating engineer to take anticipatory measures and optimise maintenance intervals. On the other hand, it was necessary to improve the settings of the heating system and to reduce consumption costs.
The solution for our client
The core of our solution is a flexibly scalable platform in the Microsoft Azure Cloud. A long-term hardware solution in the company’s own data centre would hardly have been calculable due to the high data volume. On the cloud platform, the continuous stream of operating, configuration and status data of the heating systems is collected and compared with existing system data. The findings are first displayed in a real-time dashboard so that the manufacturer can immediately detect irregularities and proactively intervene. At the same time, typical consumption patterns are identified, such as for the use of hot water or the heating system as such. On this basis, activity and rest phases of the systems can be intelligently controlled. Last but not least, we train forecast models with the current and historical data. These not only make increasingly reliable statements about the expected consumption. Likewise, forecasts on malfunctions and individual wear parts, including recommendations for action, are automatically delivered to the service technician’s mobile phone.
How data turns into value
Everyone involved benefits from the many possibilities opened up by our cloud solution:
- The data-based, automated control of the systems saves up to 20 percent in costs.
- Continuous monitoring of the heating data ensures reliable system operation
- Positioning as a modern service provider that ensures smooth operation
- Massive savings in time and effort through intelligent supply chains
- Positioning as a technological innovation driver and industry pioneer in the heating business
- Installers and consumers increasingly opt for the manufacturer’s products and remain loyal to them
turn your data into value.