At a glance
- Web app for the ultra-fresh business enables precise planning of order and delivery quantities
- Uniform planning and analysis interface accelerates processes
- Sales potential is better utilised and write-off rates are reduced
The business situation of our client
The right use of data can improve processes at any point in your business and lead to significant savings in time and money. Example retail: For a European market leader, we created a solution that optimised the processes around the business with perishable goods – such as fruit, vegetables and cut flowers. Because: too large order and delivery quantities generate high losses, as the goods expire. If, on the other hand, the shelves in the shops are empty, customers migrate to the competition.
Originally, the company used various applications for its different planning and analysis activities. This not only hindered internal processes. Rather, the quality of the findings also suffered because the underlying data was neither complete nor consistent. We have now united all process steps under one user-friendly interface and at the same time ensured a reliable database.
The solution for our client
We developed our integrated planning and analysis interface with ASP.NET and made it available as a web application via the browser. The app uses reporting services to access a Data Warehouse that provides historical data on sales and promotions by region and time as well as in great detail. In addition, we provide continuously updated supplier evaluations, which are carried out throughout the group at warehouse receipt by means of coordinated KPIs.
The combination of Reporting Services and ASP.NET enables data-supported planning with a high degree of user-friendliness. In addition, export options are available in a wide variety of formats, through which analysis results can be seamlessly transferred to further systems such as SAP.
How data turns into new values
The retail group now uses its data effectively for the entire organisation of its ultra-fresh business. In the process, values are created at different levels:
- All analyses from quantity to promotion to seasonal planning are covered
- Fast and efficient work via a fully integrated web interface
- Suggestions from the system provide well-founded decision support
- Better supplier selection through quality analyses based on KPIs and thresholds
- Completed planning can be aggregated and sent directly to downstream systems in report form
- Cost savings through accelerated processes and lower write-off rates
- Improved customer satisfaction and loyalty due to better availability of goods
- Increased turnover due to better use of sales opportunities
Consumers and society
- Goods are available to consumers when they need them
- Less food goes straight to waste
turn your data into value.