BI.Quality 2.0 released on Codeplex
SQL Server 2005 | SQL Server 2008 | SQL Server 2008R2
Today we released the new version of BI.Quality on Codeplex . The new release contains many features from the wishlist (check the release notes for details):
- Consistent table interface within one test case e.g. to create tables via local files or query
- Unlimited number of queries within one test case
- New XmlTableWriter and XmlTableReader to export/import a table
- New CsvTableWriter and CsvTableReader to export/import a table
- Assert for query execution time
- Consistent delta within Asserts, absolute or relative
- Extended error handling, e.g. the AssertTable breaks no more after the first failure.
- Extended example test suite with all best practice test cases based on Adventure Works DWH 2008
- All changes are fully downwards compatible to Version 1.0.0
- Complete refactoring of the codebase for better extendibility
- Improved error messages and self tests
There are only minor changes between 1.9.7 and 2.0.0. Some fixes include the enhanced downwards compatibility for release 1.0 test cases although it is recommended to use the 2.0 syntax for developing new test cases.